Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Sunday, 29 October 2017


Nottinghamshire Senior League
Divisiion One
Att 14

Now back on my feet after not being too well and with Hazel still not 100%, it was a matter of finding a match somewhere very local and after looking at several fixtures, I thought Id not been to Station Road this season nor had I seen Ravenshead either, so this match fitted the bill.

Before the match, match referee Gareth Tye kindly agreed to sponsor 50p  for every goal scored in the match. The game began in a rapid style in a very windy conditions, with both teams having chances. Ravenshead had to alter their formation after a player was helped off the pitch after just 20 minutes.

The visitors had the first real big chance of the game, when their forward headed wide when in the six yard box with the goal in front of him. Kirton then pressed forward and the visiting keeper was forced in to a number of very saves.

The Second Half began and in Kirtons first move on 46 minutes, they broke down the left side and the ball was stroked home by JAMIE BIRCH at the far post to give his side the lead.

This seemed to spur Kirton forward and could have had a second goal but it wasnt to come. After 65 minutes, Ravenshead gained a corner on the right hand side that was swung in and found the head of DAN PHILLIPS who found the back of the net.

Both sides pressed for the winner, with both sides coming close, but to no avail, in a game where the draw was the correct result.

Back at the pub after the match, true to his word, match referee Gareth Tye kindly donated £1 and then  Kirton player Wes O Rourke kindly donated £2 towards the Blogs charity of Maggies Cancer Care Centre based at Nottingham City Hospital..May I thank both Gareth and Wes.

Photos from the match can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment