Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Saturday, 9 September 2017


Trelawny League
Division Three

A change of plan saw me divert to the sleepy village on Nangollen, where St Ives Mariners play. On arrival I was greeted by club secretary Dave Smith who presented me with a club shirt.

The game kicked off and Mariners soon took the lead after just 2 minutes when a ball played in from the wing found STUART LUGG who turned the ball home. The visitors were playing with the fierce wind behind them, but created a couple of chances whilst the homesters poured forward by squandered a few efforts, until a attack in the 23rd minute, saw them go 2-0 up when a CONNOR CLARK beat a defender first to the ball to turn the ball home.
Mariners carried on pushing forward but by half time, they still only lead by 2 goals.

The Second Half saw Mariners straight on the attack and in the 47th minute, STUART LUGG scored his second of the game and made it 3-0 and it looked like game over, but how wrong can you get.

St Erme then came back in to the game as they played their best football and pushed the Mariners defence back, so it came as no surprise when in the 56th minute, they reduced the arrears with a goal by ELLIOTT JOLLEY.

This seemed to spur the visitors on and give them confidence and on 67 minutes, they were back in the lead when ELLIOTT JOLLEY fired home his second of the game.

A frw subs made by both sides as they both went leather and hell for the next goal, but in the end, the Mariners held out for the three points.

Both clubs after the match in the pub kindly donated £27 between them towards the Blogs Charity of MAGGIES CANCER CENTRE to take the running total to a amazing £1046.00

Photos from the match can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment