Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Wednesday, 6 September 2017


Trelawny League
Att: 17
Five miles to the east of Lands End in Cornwall, you come across the beautiful village of St Buryan which houses the village football club. On arrival I found that this match was to be played on the second pitch, as on the main pitch, there were a few people putting up a marque for a fancy wedding at the weekend.

The game kicked off and St Buryan were first out the blocks, forcing the visiting keeper in to a superb save when he pushed the ball over the crossbar, but from the resulting corner on 3 minutes, he couldnt do much as EDDIE HOLDEN scooped low to head the homesters in to a early lead.

St Buryan kept pushing forward whilst Halsetown played on the counter attack and after 21 minutes muster their first real effort  straight at the home keeper. Halsetown then began to come more in to the game and stepped up a gear, so after 25 minutes, a low cross saw DAVE WALTON slide home the equalizer.

The game swung from end to end at a fast pace and several chances went begging for both sides, but after 42 minutes, St Buryan found themselves with a four on two attack, the ball played to the right wing and the cross was timed perfect for BILLY HOLDEN to place home in to the empty net to give his side a 2-1 half time lead.

The Second Half began with the visitors looking for a way back in to the game by pressing forward and in the 53rd minute, a trip in the area saw them awarded a penalty, to which CHRIS GOODALL dispatched to level the game up.

The visitors then continued to pepper the home area without any success and came very close to taking the lead when the home keeper pushed a shot on to the near post before gathering on 62 minutes.

On 69 minutes, St Buryan took the lead for the third time in the game, when JOSS SULLIVAN-NORCLIFFE slid the ball home to make it 3-2, but in a topsy turvey game, there was no rest, as from the kick off, Halsetown pushed forward and the Assistant club referee raised his flag for offside, whilst the referee pointed to the spot for the second time in the game for the visitors, the ref went over to the Assistant and then returned for CHRIS GOODALL to fire home his second penalty of the game and his sides third goal to make it 3-3.

The last ten minutes, the game slowed down and both sides looked as if they were happy with a share of the points in a game which was possibly the right result.

A very friendly club with a nice bar, well worth a visit

Photos from this match can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment