Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Sunday, 24 December 2017


Nottinghamshire Senior League
Division Two
Its not very often I will get round to watching two reserve teams playing each other, but when I do, they usually are good matches and this one was up there as being very good and entertaining. Two teams that wanted to play open football on a heavy soft pitch.

The game kicked off with Flowserve towards the top end of the table, whilst their host were towards the bottom, so a away win on the cards perhaps. The First half Flowserve had the possesion whilst Villa created the better of the chances and went in to the break helding a 2-1 lead, as after 22 minutes ALEX MANN scooped the ball over the visiting keeper to make it 1-0 to the Villa, but the side from Newark fought back on 31 minutes when HARRY MILLS equalized. Just before the half time break SAM TAYLOR restored the hosts lead.

In to the Second Half and Villa were forced to make a sub, as a couple of their players were struggling with injuries and Flowserve stepped up the pace, In the 56th minute, a cross shot from CALLUM BARNES found the corner of the net to level up the scores yet again.

This seemed to spur Flowserve forward and on 68 minutes, CHRIS SELF fired his side in front, from the kick off, play broke down and struck the referee and dropped for CALLUM BARNES to fire home a fourth for the visitors.

There was still life in the match and after 78 minutes, a free kick was awarded to Underwood, to which visiting defender Rici O Connell was cautioned, from thee resulting free kick that was floated in to the penalty area, O Connell bought down a home attacker and was shown his second yellow card and Villa awarded a penalty to which SAM TAYLOR placed home to set up a grandstand finish.

The final 12 minutes was end to end but no more goals were added to the tally and so Flowserve returned back to Newark with the points in a entetaining match.

Must mention referee Steve Bingham who had a great game and tried to allow advantages to be played when he could and spoke to players with respect.

The photos from the match can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment