Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Saturday, 2 December 2017


Nottinghamshire FA Minor Cup
Quarter Final
When the quarter final draw was made, I was looking for 2 things, a ground Id not visited before and a Notts Senior League Club to be away and this ticked both boxes. Having been up to Queen Elizabth school many times as Shawn has recently spent 2 years there before we won our case to send him to a school for children with special needs, Id never seen a football match there, its also possibly the second closest ground to my home.

On arrival, I was greeted by a few of the OE players, who I know through my time when I used to manage Bull Farm Social Club;s sunday team some years ago, I was then met by Southbanks player/Secretary Craig Killelay who gave me both sides line up;s and kindly donated £20 towards the Blog;s Charity which is MAGGIES Cancer Care Centre based at Nottingham;s City Hospital, so a massive thankyou to Craig and the Southbank lads.

The game kicked off and the home side were soon on the attack and from their first corner of the game floated in from the right hand side, up rose ANDREW BOULTON to head home after just 6 minutes. Both sides seemed to test each other out but not many chances were being created, until the 38th minute, when GEORGE RUDD hit 20 yard low shot that equalled things up.

The Second Half was a different kettle of fish, as OE went straight on to the attack towards the school end and after a series of corners, a carbon copy of their first goal took place on 52 minutes, when this time the corner was floated in from the left wing and ANDREW BOULTON put his side back in front.

On 59 minutes, it began to be the Sean Goodwin show, as the winger cut in and fired a shot that sprung out for ASTON MARSH to sweep home to make it 3-1. On 62 minutes, Goodwin then drew the visiting keeper before passing across for JONO ROWBOTHAM to strike home. 65 minutes and it was 5-1 when Goodwin;s cross was turned past his own keeper by Southbank man Andy Steele.

Southbank kept their heads up at this stage and pushed forward and made it 5-2 when ADAM THOMAS shot went in off the post on 72 minutes, this seemed to give the visitors a bit of confidence as they pushed players forward and on 78 minutes, BEN CRAWFORD headed home from a free kick.

This though did leave gaps at the back of the Southbank defence and on 83 minutes, CARL GOULD showed his experiance when he danced through the midfield and the defence and round the Southbank keeper to score the goal of the game to make it 6-3.

Now the Southbank heads had gone down and OE exploited the gaps and on 87 minutes, a long cross ball from midfield was midjudged by the visiting keeper, for ASTON MARSH to tap in. In the final minute, RAVI KAICUT scored close home to make it 8-3.

Must mention the referee who I felt had a very good match

Photos from the match can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment