Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Sunday, 26 November 2017


Nottinghamshire Senior league
Division  Two
A good match ended in high drama, as the visitors had thought they had fought back from being 2-0 down to win 3-2 wit the last kick of the game, to their horror to see the goal disallowed.

The game began at a frantic pace with both sides playing good football on the counter attacks, but as the game wore in, it was Clifton who began to take the upper hand in chances and after 14 minutes, a corner from the left hand side was met by the head of RUSS STAPLETON to give them the lead. Clifton pushed forward and looked the more likely to score again and they did so in the 28th minute, when a free kick was floated and MORGAN BELL volleyed a looping shot to make it 2-0.

Half time came and the visitors made changes with a sub and also their formation and almost straight away it nearly paid off, when the subs first touch stuck the post. Sneinton didnt have to wait long though to get back in the game when DWAIN MILLER hit the net from the keepers near post after 49 minutes.

Sneinton looked a different side in the second half and pushed and pushed for a equaliser, but it didnt look to be their day, but then in the 87th minute, up popped DWAIN MILLER to fire home his second of the game.

A draw now looked on the cards as the game entered late injury time, when one last attack, saw a Sneinton attacker cut in from the by line, beat his defender and place the ball across the bx for Dwain Miller to strike home to the delight of his fellow players, the majority of the Clifton players had returned to their own half, but a couple of them approached the match referee and pointed over to their club assistant with the flag. A discussion took place and the referee blew for full time, for a second, people on the side lines seemed confused at what was being given, then the visiting players ran over the referee to voice their concerns, it was at this stage, I realized that the referee had disallowed the goal.

After things had calmed down, I spoke with the referee who I thought had a superb game overall and he took me on to the pitch to explain his decision, whether I felt or the players felt it was right or wrong, we dont have refs with headsets and people in the stands with sky sports scenes in front of them and the refs decision is the final one.

Photos from the match can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment