Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Sunday, 22 April 2018


Nottinghamshire Senior League
Premier Division

A change of plan saw me visit Elms Park for the first time this season on a sunny afternoon, Shawn had got his scooter and the freedom of the park, whilst the football was on. Always a lovely welcome from Ruddington Village FC, who are going through a bit of a tough season sitting at the foot of the table, whilst Awsworth are sitting in 3rd towards the top. On the back pitch, the Viillage Reserves were hosting Ashland Rovers in a Division One match.

The main match kicked off and Ruddington broke forward and Awsworth cleared their lines and the ball fell over on the right side and was crossed in and BEN WATSON slotted past the home keeper after just 62 seconds.

On 10 minutes, Ruddington had to change tactics as the player manager had to come on due to a players injury, this seemed to spur the one side forward but it did leave massive gaps at the back and the home keeper had to be on his guard a couple of times.

After 21 minutes, a short free kick was taken and a superb one two took place and JOHN WHITEHURST doubled his teams advantage to 2-0.

Awsworth now had the bot between their teeth and were running at Village, but their defence stood strong until the 38th minute, when a cross from the right was met by MATT MURPHY to make it 3-0.

With raining beginning to fall heavy, it was off to the refreshments bar for a cuppa and to get my umbrella. 

Ruddington came out for the second half and put Awsworth on the back foot, as they pressed forward but didnt create much until the final minutes, when they had several shots blocked and hit the crossbar twice.

I felt the match referee Ian Wilkinso had a very good match.

Photos from the match can be seen on this LINK

Not a good day for Ruddington in all, as on the other pitch, Ashland Rovers had beaten their reserves 4-1

No comments:

Post a Comment