Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Sunday, 20 August 2017


Notts Senior League
Premier Division
With Hazel being away up in Preston this weekend, it was a matter of planning where I could get to by bus and I spotted this fixture some time back and it fit the bill, as the bus from Mansfield stops smack opposite the Forest Recreation Ground.

In the Car Park before the game, I met two clubs from NSL who were meeting up with players, Nottingham City who were on their way to play Magdala Amateurs Reserves and Bridgford United who were training as they hadnt a match.

Went up to pitchside and there was already a game in progress between Sneiton Pythians and Wollaton & Bramcote, where the Pythians comfortably won 5-2 much to the delight of their main man Ben Rosser.

I was then invited in by Karl White of Cavs as they now have use of the refreshments room, so had a nice cuppa, before getting the team line ups and a chat with people from both clubs.

The game kicked off and Cavs were first in to their stride passing the ball to feet, whilst Attenborough were struggling with the swirling wind.

After 18 minutes, a free kick was awarded just outside the penalty area, to which AKO ABDULLAH placed home to give the Greens the lead.

Attenborough werent going to let their heads drop and pressed forward and the Cavs keeper pushed a low shot out of play, from the resulting corner that broke down and went back to the middle of the pitch, a through ball found LIAM SLATER who fired home to make it 1-1.

A couple of head injurys stopped play for trainers to come on to the pitch giving a delay in play at both times., but this didnt affect Cavs and a cross from the right wing saw MUSTAPHA JOHN slide the ball home from close distance on 26 minutes.

Both teams then began to cancel each other out, with both keepers being called in to action and the wind began to drop, though clouds were beginning to appear above us.

On 44 minutes, Cav took a two goal advantage, when the referee gave a free kick but consulted his Assistant to check if it was inside the area or not. From a similar distance from the opening goal of the game, AKO ABDULLAH again placed his ball in to the net, though the visiting keeper did get a hand to it.

The Attenborough manager wasnt happy and was upset about the amount of added time, but I felt the referee was correct as their had been stoppages for injuries in the half and in added time to upset him more, he saw his side go 4-1 down when BLESSING ADELEYE got the last touch to the ball to steer it home.

It was a quiet start to the Second Half but Attenborough begin to knock the ball about well, but couldnt find the final ball through to their front men, a couple of players began to limp and subs were made.

On the hour, Mathias Amponsem was shown a red card, after a foul, which he then kicked out at the Attenborough attacker, Im sure if the referee saw the visiting man also kick out as well or he would have seen red.

Cav;s captain "Eggy" shouted instructions to his team that they were not going to be silly, they were 4-1 up and they were going to a 4 4 1 formation. With Attenborough having used all three subs, a couple of their younger players had tired legs and mistakes were being made, to which Cavs capitalized, as after 74 minutes, DAVID KOLAPO tapped home their fifth.

Cavs were now playing with a spring in their step, whilst the visitors looked as if their heads had dropped and the visiting manager in the pouring rain was trying his best to shout instructions to gee them up, but it came to no avail as with 3 minutes from time MUSTAPHA JOHN completed the scoreline of 6-1.

Photos from the match can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment