Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Sunday, 27 August 2017


Notts Senior League
Division Two
A change of plan and needing to stay close to home saw me not go out to Burton Joyce v Barrowby, a game that ended up 10-0 to the hosts,but with 2 new sides to the NSL, I went out to Walesby Sports Ground, the home of ex club Sandhurst FC to watch Kirton Brickworks Reserves and Gedling Southbank Reserves. A lot of people wont watch reserve teams, but this doesnt bother me and like this match I saw a very good game.

Before the match I got a cuppa from the clubhouse whilst chatting to Mr and Mrs Timmins, who;s young lad played for the Brickies and also had a chat with Daz Milne, who has a view to sign for the homesters. With the team lines, it was to pitchside, but before then, Southbank wanted their team photo taken.

The game kicked off with Kirton kicking down the slope and looked the better of the two sides and after 13 minutes, a cross from the left found the head of SCOTT RICKETTS who not only gave them the lead, but it was also the 100th goal Ive seen this season.

More efforts came in from the home side, whilst the visitors were finding their feet and as the half progressed, the visitors became more dangerous and it looked like Kirton needed to add to their tally, but they didnt put their chances away and like in most games, it came back to bite them right on the stroke of half time, when ROSS PRITCHARD scored with a header to even things up.

The Second Half kicked off and Gedling were more fired up but couldnt find the net, whilst Kirton played on the counter attack, but after 66 minutes, a corner from the right hand side found its way to the back post, where ex Stevenage Borough legend NICK EDGAR smashed the ball home to give the visitors a 2-1 lead. This looked like game over for the home side, but football is a funny game, as after 78 minutes, things got worse for them as they were reduced to 10 men when Kirton;s centre half Regan Bartholomew was sent to the sin bin for 10 minutes. 

On 80 minutes, a through ball saw Kirton on their way to equalise but the away club linesman had his flag raised and the referee pulled play back for offside, a few players did question this decision, but the next attack saw the visiting defence standing still and the flag went up again, but the referee waved play on this time and CODEY DOWNING took his chance well to make it 2-2.

This seemed to gee the Brickies up and they pushed forward but it looked like they would have to settle for a draw, which I feel would have left both sides happy with a point, but then a breakdown in the Southbank midfield, saw Kirton veteran JAY FULLER race clear and shoot across the keeper in to the corner of the net for the winner.

Photos from the match can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment