Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Sunday, 7 January 2018


Nottinghamshire FA Junior Cup
Quarter Final

This match was my plan A, as a new ground to visit, to be Nottinghamshire Senior League Rep at the Quarter Final tie and to have a look and meet AFC Top Valley, with the heavy rain we have had over the past few days I wasnt sure if the game would be on, but Secretary Alec got back in touch with me to confirm it was whist I was weighing up other options for the day.

On arrival, I was greeted by Alec and the Woodthorpe PR squad and the young referee and he told me he was being assessed by old friend Ibrahm Arsali. At pitchside was joined by Jim Bethell and his friend.

The game kicked off and Rangers pushed forward and after just 3 minutes they won a free kick some 25 yards out, Bailey stepped up and hit it on target, the keeper pushed it out and ADAM FORRY was first to react and knock the ball home. After 5 minutes, MARKELL BAILEY was upended in the box and Rangers were awarded a penalty to which Bailey duly struck home to increased the lead to 2-0.

AFC Top Valley then cut out a couple of chances and had the ball in the back of the net but it was ruled out for offside, but in my opinion and being in line with play felt it was a good goal, they then had one chance cleared off the line. After 15 minutes, MARKELL BAILEY made it 3-0 to the visitors with a deflected shot. 

Woodthorpe then stepped up their game and on 25 minutes, MARKELL BAILEY completed his hat trick with a tap in at the far post. On 37 minutes, it became 5-0 as MARKELL BAILEY scored directly from a corner.

During the half time break, I joined Victory FC manager and their secretary for a natter and the game kicked off and I turned round as the ball hit the back of the net with a long ranged shot by ADAM FORRY to make it 6-0 and it looked like game over to be fair.

Woodthorpe continued to press forward and on 56 minutes, ANTHONY BIRKS deflected shot found the corner of the net and then on the hour, ADAM FORRY completed his hat trick to make it 8-0 to the Nottinghamshire Senior League club.

68 minutes and ADAM FORRY scored his fourth of the match and Woodthorpes 9th, as sadly Valley heads now began to drop. In the 76th minute, a few handbags were let loose on the far side of the pitch, to which the referee produced Anthony Birks his second yellow card of the afternoon.

When play re started, Rangers had their second penalty of the match, up stepped Markell Bailey to see his effort bounce off the post and cleared away. MARKELL BAILEY did wrap up proceedings in the 85th minute to complete a professional performance for his club and send them through to the Semi Finals.

Photos from the match can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment