Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Sunday, 28 January 2018


Nottinghamshire Senior League
Division Two
Att 28

With heavy rain on Saturday morning and needing a 2pm kick off due to going out at 5.30pm for Hazels birthday meal in Nottingham, it had to be a game very local, so when first choice match went at Robin Hood Colts due to the opposition failing to raise a side, it was to plan B, but Selston Reserves was called off at 11am due to a waterlogged pitch, that left me with 2 choices, Kirton Brickworks or their reserves match down at the old Sandhurst FC ground. After conformation that the 1st team match on, then it was to the main Brickworks ground I was heading.

Due to the heavy rain in Mansfield, I didnt take my camera and as usual, it turned out to be a very pleasant afternoon with no rain in Kirton..Typicial!!!

The game kicked off at a very fast rate and both sides matched each other, but as the half wore on, it was Rovers who had the better of the chances and really could well have been at least three goals to the good, with on 2 occasions the Brickies keeper playing his part in 2 one on ones, but he could do nothing on 43 minutes, when a shot by DANIEL BIRCUMSHAW flashed past him from a good 30 yards to give the Rovers a one goal lead at the interval.

Kirton to their credit in the Second Half pushed forward and could well have been level with the chances that they created but stopped by good keeping and defending kept them at bay. The changing point of the match though came on 67 minutes, when a long ball from the Ashland defence was punted up field and with the home keeper coming to clear, he totally mis-kicked it and it left ALEX ENGLAND with a empty net to convert and put the visitors 2-0 up.

The home keeper did redeem himself on 79 minutes, as from a visiting corner, he made a superb goalbound save from a header. On 85 minutes, The Brickies must have thought they had pulled themselves back in to the game, when a long curling shot was heading for the top corner but the visiting keeper at full length managed to palm it round the post with one hand.

In the final minute, Rovers were awarded a free kick on the left hand side, that was floated towards the far post and ADAM MELLORS was there unmarked to slot the ball home.

Must mention Referee Ian Smith who I felt had a great game and also 2 clubs who both wanted to play football and not argue, a credit to them all

No comments:

Post a Comment