Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Sunday, 14 January 2018


Nottinghamshire Senior League
Division Two
A couple of reasons I chose this match was that Nottingamshire Senior League newcomers Bridfgord United are flying high in 2nd position in Division and I hadnt seen them, plus the fact that sadly Greenwood Meadows ground that they play on has been sold to a rugby club and after Bridgford United;s next home match on Thursday or Friday evening, football wont exist at the venue no more. Bridgford have the intentions of moving down to the second pitch at Roko on Wilford Lane that has been under construction for some time now and seems not far off completion.

After getting the team line ups and a chat with both sets of players, some of the AFC Charity Wollaton team arrived to watch the match. Again for the second week, Ibi was assessing the referee.

The game kicked off and the visitors more than matched their high-flying opponents and the home keeper was called in to early action to push a long range shot round the post. Bridgford began to get more in to the game, but were lacking that final touch to score the opening goal.

Eventually, United did get the breakthrough, when a ball played up the left wing saw JARROD WESTCARR cut in and tuck the ball past the outcoming visiting keeper(see main photo above) on 35 minutes.

This gave the homesters alot more confidence as they pressed, but all credit to the visitors, they defended well esp Duffy in the centre, but they could do nothing about Bridgford,s second goal, when a ball played in from the right saw SHELDON TUTIT sweep the ball home to make it 2-0 after 44 minutes.

The Second Half kicked off after Hazel had done the half time teas on a bitterly cold afternoon and I actually missed a little bit of the game, poss a few minutes. Bridgford were mainly on the attack and should well have added a few more goals to their tally but a mixture of brave defending and good goalkeeping kept them at bay until the 75th minute, when a cross from the left saw the flying header of NATHAN FRANCIS to head home to make it 3-0.

Photos from the match can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment