Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Sunday, 4 February 2018


Nottinghamshire FA Intermediate Cup
Semi Final
(Bingham Town win 7-6 after Penalties)

Hazel dropped me off at Eagle Valley as both sets of players from Polonia United & Woodthorpe Park Rangers were on the pitch with the match referee, when a Arnold Town official came on to the pitch and deemed it to not be played on, as Arnold Town own the pitches, the referee was forced to call the game off. I stood with the Woodthorpe Chairman and we was going to head to the other Notts FA Junior Cup Semi Final but word came through that the match at Stapleford Town had just been called off. We then decided to head to Calverton MW thinking with floodlights it would be a 3pm kick off, but just as we turned the corner, PJ;s stopped and we had to pull in to a bus stop layby as he had run out of petrol, so to pass time, I cracked a few jokes that had PJ and his wife in laughter. Some of the Woodthorpe players came to the rescue with some petrol for a red faced PJ.

As we arrived at Calverton the players were playing, so I enquired and found out that the game kicked off at 1.30pm and 25 minutes had gone passed without any score. Calverton looked on their game and had several chances before a header in the 45th minute found the net to give them a half time lead. At half time we ventured in to the clubhouse and to cheer poor PJ up, we had a pint and a laugh, as we got back to pitchside, we found out that Bingham had equalised through TOM SPENCER.

Bingham looked to have stepped u[p their game and seemed to want to be first to the ball, but both sides had chances and Calverton must have thought they had won the game when they went in to a 2-1 lead on 85 minutes. Bingham though always play to the final whistle and it paid off for them as in the 90th minute, they drew level again to take the tie in to extra time.

The pace of the tie didnt slow down and both sides went for it and Bingham took the lead after 106 minutes for the first time. Calverton came back and was awarded a penalty to which the match official showed the young Town keeper a yellow card, must to the disgust of the home faithful. The keeper then made a outstanding penalty save, but there was still more action to come, as after 115 minutes, a player from each side came to each other and the referee had no choice in producing a red card for the Bingham player and a second yellow card for the home player.

It was now Calverton;s turn of never say die, as they pushed forward and 2 minutes from the end of extra time, they pulled it level, so the game went to penalties.

Both sides took 8 penalties each before we had a finalist with Bingham winning 7-6. A shame that a club had to lose as this would have made a superb final, but was a good advert for Non League Football in front of a crowd of around 80.

All Photos taken by Geoff Cameraman can be seen on this LINK any clubs that wish to hire Geoff, please contact him on twitter on

No comments:

Post a Comment