Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Sunday, 25 February 2018


Nottinghamshire Senior League
Premier Division

A trip to Harvey Hadden Stadium always brings back good memories of when I used to be a foster carer and Nottingham City Social Services used to put on a annual event at this venue for all the foster kids. Now days it is used for a variety of sports including being the home of Bilborough Town FC, but it doesnt come cheap playing here, with pitch hire and officials costs.

Todays Referee was Peter Crags in his first middle in the NSL with his assistants Tim Bee and Andy Benner on the lines.

The game kicked off and Bilborough Town were looking very good, playing the long ball and it was working for them as the 2 forwards raced on to them and caused the Wollaton defence a few problems and on only 7 minutes, a long free kick by Matt Hayes found JOEL ISSAC who turned and hooked the ball home in to the bottom corner of the net to give the hosts a 1-0 lead.

Bilborough went pressing for a second goal but found the visiting keeper in fine form, whilst Wollaton broke on the counter attack where several times play just broke down, but after 26 minutes, a square ball was played to JAKE FISHER who dribbled past three defenders before shooting home the equaliser.

The Second Half kicked off and Wollaton were first out the blocks and in 49 minutes, a shot hit the post and bounced down in front of the goal, where REECE CAMPBELL just tapped home to put Wollaton in to a 2-1 lead.

Within 4 minutes, the ball was played out to the right hand side and KASEY FISHER fired home to make it 3-1. At this stage, I though Bilborough;s heads may drop, but to their credit, they carried on playing and could well have pulled a couple of goals back, but it was to be Wollaton FC;s day and they returned just up the road with the three points.

All three officials had good games.

Must thank Bill Fishwisk for a kind donation of £5 and to Michael Hartshorne for £2, it now takes the Charity Blogs running total to a amazing £1,257.75p for MAGGIES CANCER CARE CENTRE based at Nottingham City Hospital.

Photos of the game can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment