Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Sunday, 18 February 2018


Nottinghamshire Senior League
Premier Division
My first visit of the season to the Stag Ground saw Cotgrave returned to East Nottinghamshire with the points after a first half brace from Bassey Okon.

Before kick off a minutes silence was held for long serving Notts Alliance and Notts Senior League Andy Rolfe who sadly passed away last weekend. I had known Andy for many years when I was at Dunkirk FC and he always insisted on paying his 40p for the matchday programme and would often read it whilst his pre match warm up of having a cigar outside the changing rooms and having a chat with everyone. A BIG loss to Nottinghamshire football and our thoughts go out to all his family at this sad time.

The game kicked off and Kimberley were first on the attack and it was hard to see how they were at the root of the league table, but it was the visitors who was first to strike on 9 minutes, when a ball from the left wing found BASSEY OKON with a open goal for him to slide the ball home on a very soft muddy pitch.

Kimberley tried to bounce back and should really have equalised but they hadnt their shooting boots on and the Cotgrave keeper Adam Heard was just a spectator waiting for my son Shawn to keep fetching the ball for him when it went out of play.

Cotgrave broke forward again in the 24th minute and again BASSEY OKON fired home from close range giving Liam Bradley in the  homesters net little chance.

The Second Half saw Kimberley push forward but that final ball just wasnt there, whilst Cotgrave played on the counter attack and could well have added to their tally, but on 69 minutes, Kimberley could have reduced the arrears when they were awarded a penalty by match referee Andy Benner, but Jake Mee's spot kick was matched by Adam Heard's save in the top left hand corner to keep his side 2-0 in front.

The game petered out and Kimberley possibly had the lions share of play but Cotgrave had those two periods of killer instint to claim the points.

The three officials had a very good match in which I cant recall any player having to speak to the referee or the referee speaking to them, a credit to both clubs.

PHotos from the match can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment