Dave Reynolds
Greg & Michael Osborne
Graham Moseley
Karl White
Precision Notts Senior League
NSL Senior Cup
NSL Junior Cup
Tony Mullen
Michael Hartsthorne x 3
Martyn Cheatle
Gedling Southbank FC
James Needham
Malc Storer & Kev Goodman
Neil Laughlin
John Beckett
Russell Booth
Lewis Quayle
James Tewson
Mark Yates(Ravenshead FC)
Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC
Kevin Guise
Jonathan Holt(Radford FC)
Kirkby Athletic FC
Andy Gregory
Chris Munroe(Basford United FC
Kieran Wells (Basford United FC)
St Ives Mariners FC
St Erme FC
Netherfield Albion FC
Calverton MW FC
Stapleford Town FC
PJ - Woodthorpe Park Rangers FC x 2
Oggy & Spiz(Gedling Southbank FC)
Nottingham Community FC
Rod Grubb
Gareth Tye
Wes O Rourke
Malc Storer
Nigel Tasker
Gedling Southbank Reserves
Jim Bethall
Ashland Rovers FC
Andy Clerke(Gedling Southbank FC)
Gavin Rice
Bill Fishwick(Wollaton FC)
Oz(Netherfield Albion FC)
Steve Lee(Bilborough Town FC)
United Grays FC
St Erme FC
Ruan Minor FC
Lee Harrison
Bingham Town FC
Ian Wilkinson
Sherwood Colliery FC
Richard Wanczycki
Herbie and Sue
Ronnie and Shirley

72 Matches
351 goals

Running Total

Friday, 30 March 2018


SWPL Premier Division

The third match of my holiday in Cornwall took me just up the road to Helston Athletic FC who hosted local rivals Falmout Town in a closely contested Derby match. Before kick off I spoke with the referees assessor and was invited in to the committee room at half time by the kind Helston Chairman. 

For a first the game was played in lovely sunshine and before the match the referee did a late inspection of the pitch and quite rightly allowed the game to go ahead. I then bumped in to Neil Laughlin and his new wife who got married on Saturday and their lad from Belper in Derbyshire.

From kick off, both teams created chances in a very even match, until the visitors began to step up their game and on 25 minutes, they were awarded a penalty, but it was poorly taken and the home keeper pushed it away to safety.

This was a warning sign for the homesters as in the next Falmouth attack they took the lead, when a long ball over the top, saw ROB WEARE pounce on to it and lob the outcoming keeper to give his side the lead.

Falmouth pushed forward whilst Helston played on the break to keep the game entertaining.

The Second Half saw Athletic push forward but in the 54th minute, they were caught out with a cross from the left and DAVE BROGLINO scopping low to dive and head home to double his Town;s advantage.

Helston tried to push on but the final ball and good defending by the away side kept their lead in tact.

The 3 officials I felt all had a good game

Photos from the match can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment